Most of the recipes call out for chicken stock. Chicken stock is a base for soups and sauces and adds flavour and richness to rice dishes, stews, and pastas. Easy yet flavourful chicken stock blends with most of the Asian as well as western recipes.
Buying store-bought stock cubes is the easier way. The added preservatives and chemicals which are not even known to the common people is the reason to go for a homemade chicken stock.
This is the chicken stock without any spiciness. As I am going to use this stock in various recipes I am making this without any spice. This make-ahead recipe is a worthwhile one to try as this helps in meal prep.
- Chicken carcass-2
- Diced carrot-1(large)
- Chopped celery-1 stalk
- Diced onion-1(large)
- Chopped cilantro-2 stalks
- Wash and clean the chicken carcass.
- In a pot, add chicken, carrot, celery, onion. Add water till all the ingredients are covered.
- Bring it to boil. Keep the pot covered and cook in low heat.
- Cook till it becomes into half of the quantity.
- Skim off the foam that comes to the surface.
- Remove the bones and vegetables and strain through a fine strainer.
- If you want a more concentrated and thick soup, keep the soup for some more time in low heat.
- The soup can be stored in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- If planning to store in freezer, concentrate the soup into a thicker version for perfect freezing.
- When freezing the soup for future use, skim-off the fat to freeze it properly.
- Cooldown the stock to room temperature before freezing.