Milo is a drink available in almost all Singaporean hawker centres. Milo Dinosaur is a mug of iced milo mixed with condensed milk and topped with a generous scoop of powdered milo. Milo Godzilla is a drink of milo Dinosaur with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My younger one was asking for jelly for more than a week. That too, he started to like chocolate flavoured brownies, cakes recently. So I had planned to make a milo jelly using Agar-Agar. I don’t use gelatin as they are made of animal bones and skin protein. Also, Agar-Agar is very common in Singapore. Hence, it was very ideal for me.
I am using cocoa powder in this recipe too.
- Milo-3 tbsp
- Milk-3 cups
- Cocoa powder-1 tbsp
- Sugar-5 tsp
- Agar-Agar strips-8 to 10 gm
- Water-1/2 cup
- Bring the milk to boil. Add sugar and mix till it dissolves.
- Add cocoa powder and mix it until it blends together.
- Meanwhile, add water in a pan. Bring it to boil. Add Agar-Agar strips and cook until there are no strips visible.
- Now add the Agar-Agar mixture into the boiling milk and cook for 3 more minutes to blend them together.
- Now remove from heat and wait for some time to reduce the heat.
- Do not keep outside for a long time, otherwise, it will set in the pan.
- Pour the mixture in small cups or your favourite moulds and keep refrigerated until you serve.