This is one of the simple, crunchy snack when we want to eat.This is our favourite evening snack. I like to make it often as it requires less time to prepare.
This is our family’s’ movie time snack which replaces the popcorn. And this works as a make-ahead recipe to store.I posted one simple masala lotus seed in my previous post. This one has some sweetness and tanginess.
- Lotus seed/Fox seed-2 1/2 cup
- Chat masala-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder-1 tsp
- Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Palm Jaggery or brown sugar-1 1/2 tbsp
- Add chat masala in a bowl. Add chilli powder.
- Add dry mango powder.
- Now add pepper powder. Add salt and mix everything together.
- Keep the powder aside.
- In a hot pan, add oil. In low heat add lotus seed/fox seed and fry until it becomes crunchy.
- Now add the brown sugar and masala and mix well.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning the lotus seed/fox seed.
- Be cautious when frying the lotus seed/fox seed to avoid burning it.
This low calorie, low sodium, low-fat snack is ideal for hunger pangs. Best snack for weight watchers.The home roasted fox seeds are best when less oil used.
Do check out my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates,check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.