Friday dinner! Healthy baked dinner recipes are always our choice to start the weekend. Today I made a vegetarian quinoa healthy recipe with baked tomato fish to enjoy dinner with my family. The quinoa is stuffed inside the capsicums along with tasty and protein-rich tofu and mushroom. A healthy and tasty dinner does not always need to include a long list of ingredients. Simple ingredients can make a satisfying meal.
A gluten-free diet is not only common among gluten intolerant and celiac people. This is a trend to accommodate gluten-free grains like millets, rice. When talking about quinoa, the quinoa bowl is the regular and healthy dinner option that comes into our minds. But I am focusing on a complete meal that includes vegetables, fish and quinoa in a platter-style to enjoy.
Stuffed quinoa peppers are easy to make and appealing dinner ideas. The fish is cooked in tomato sauce in the oven to enjoy the soft and flaky texture of the fish.
What can I substitute for quinoa?
The best and tasty alternative to quinoa is couscous. A fluffy, grainy but smooth couscous is tasty when combined with mushroom and tofu.
Do I need to cook the couscous when adding mushroom and tofu?
No, The couscous is already cooked and it does not require cooking. Just mix the couscous with the cooked tofu and mushroom.
What can I use to bake the fish other than glassware?
Other than glass porcelain, stainless steel, and ceramic are oven-safe materials to use in the oven.
What fish is best to use for this recipe?
Here, I used frozen white fish fillet. Any white fish that is mild will work in this recipe. You can use tilapia, seabass, catfish, cod to enjoy this tomato-based fish recipe.
Restaurant style foods to enjoy at the comfort of home
CLAYPOT CHICKEN RICE IN A PRESSURE COOKER– A clay pot chicken rice recipe that includes mushroom and chicken made using a pressure cooker to ease the traditional way of tedious cooking.
BAKED STUFFED SHELLS– Baked asparagus, tofu and mushroom stuffed shells in tomato sauce to enjoy the light vegetarian pasta.
ROASTED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN– A home-style roasted rotisserie chicken using simple pantry ingredients.
FISH AND CHIPS– A restaurant-style fish and chips baked in a way to enjoy the guilt-free weekend treat.
Quinoa stuffed capsicum & baked tomato fish for a gluten-free feast
For quinoa stuffed capsicum:
- Cajun seasoning-2 to 3 tsp based on spice level
- Quinoa seed-1 cup
- Water-2 cups
- salt for taste
- Tofu-1 1/2 small blocks
- Olive oil
- Button mushroom-200 gms
- Capsicum-4 medium sized
Baked Tomato fish
- Tomato-3 to 4 big sized
- Garlic-6 to 7
- Olive oil
- paprika powder-1 tsp
- pepper powder- 1tsp
- cumin powder -1 tsp
- coriander powder-1 1/4 tsp
- Fish fillet-3 big 1 kg
Quinoa stuffed capsicum
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add required salt.
- Add quinoa when the water is boiling and hot enough.
- Cook until the water evaporates and the quinoa is cooked thoroughly
- Add oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped tofu and continue cooking.
- Add cajun seasoning when the water starts to ooze out.
- Mix unti the seasoning covers and spread equally.Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Remove the stem of the capsicum along with the lid.
- Set the oven tempreature to 180C.
- Now clean and pat dried the capsicums.
- Stuff the quinoa, tofu, mushroom filling into the capsicum
- Use cherry tomato rings to decorate.
- Stuff the reamining capsicums as well.
- Sprinkle grated cheese of your choice.
- Transfer the stuffed cpsicums into the preheated oven.
- Cook capsicums 25 to 30 minutes based on their size.
- Quinoaa stuffed caapsicum is ready now.
Baked tomato fish
- Prepare the base sauce-tomato sauce for the fish.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot enough add the chopped garlic.
- Fry the garlic for few minutes.
- Add the chopped onion.
- Add the chopped tomato.
- Add salt to fasten the cooking.
- Add coriander powder when the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add cumin powder.
- Add paprika powder.
- Cook until everything blends together. The base sauce is ready now.
- Wash and pat dry the fish.
- Add salt.
- Add pepper powder.
- Spread the salt and pepper on both sides of the fish.
- Add lemon juice to the tomato base sauce.
- Mix well to get everything mixed well.
- Spread the required amount of base sauce in a glass bowl which you intend to use to bake.
- Place the fish on top of the tomato base.
- Spread some more tomato base sauce on top of the fish as well.
- Bake the fish in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Baked fish is ready now to serve.
- Make sure the tofu and mushrooms pieces are chopped small to make the stuffing part hassle-free.
- I am using parmesan cheese. For a gooey texture use mozzarella cheese.
- Tomato base sauce is the base to prepare the baked fish.
- I am using frozen fish. This fish is already cleaned.
- This fish is a white fish category. This is a less smelly fish to enjoy if you are worried about the strong fish smell.
Healthy foods to accommodate in your routine
DAIKON RADISH EGG STIR FRY– A simple comforting stir fry includes daikon radish and egg.
VEGETARIAN PLATTER– A vegetarian platter that includes potato chapati, fruit skewers, pomegranate sharbat, chia pudding to enjoy the meat-free platter.
BAKED WONTON CHIPS IN OVEN– A simple spiced baked wonton chips to enjoy the crunchy craving.
THAI-STYLE STEAMED FISH WITH LIME AND GINGER– Thai-style steamed chicken flavoured with ginger, lemongrass and lime.
HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST WRAPS– A vegetarian high protein wraps that are good for breakfast and can be made ahead to enjoy the hassle-free morning.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.