Today a very flavorful and irresistible cilantro lemony chicken recipe on my lunch plate. Cilantro is a herb commonly used in many culinary. The other variant of cilantro, which is coriander, is also used in many cuisines.
Is coriander and cilantro the same thing?
Both cilantro and coriander come from the Coriandrum sativum plant. In the US the leaves and the stem parts of the plant are referred to as cilantro. The leafy parts are called cilantro in Spanish. India and some of the countries use the term ‘coriander’ to mention the leafy parts and stems. The seeds are named coriander seeds.
How to include cilantro in food?
Include cilantro in food to enhance flavor and taste without adding any fat and sodium-enriched seasoning.
- Spice up your cream/dips/sauces/yogurt
- Flavor up your rice
- Give salad dressing a kick
- Add flavor to your stir-fry
- Give your buns/bread a boost. …
- Spice up salads
- Flavor your oils.
- Add to soups and stews.
- Make your own chutneys/spreads
- Add to burritos/wraps/salsas
- Flavor up the poultry and eggs.
- Add to curries and make curries with this green base
- Pickle/thokku for instant variety rice recipes
Cilantro pairs well with many dishes, especially Mexican or Thai meals. It also works well with dishes that contain beans, cheese, eggs, and fish. The herb is also great with creamy vegetable dips and as a topping or garnishes for soups and salads.
What does cilantro do to your body?
It is a good source of antioxidants. Using cilantro to flavor food may encourage people to use less salt and reduce their sodium intake. Along with anti-cancer effects, pain management, anti-fungal, and skin health, it also plays the role of natural preservatives.
Middle Eastern Recipes
MIDDLE EASTERN LOW-FAT DESSERT– A low-fat dessert that includes crispy outer layer and the gooey soft inner part and sprinkled with pistachio.
MAKE FALAFEL IN 2 WAYS-BAKED AND FRIED– A snack recipe that is made in baked as well as fried and uses garbanzo beans/chickpea as the base and spiced up mildly.
HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST WRAPS– A high protein breakfast recipe that uses tortillas ,tofu and vegetables.
How to make cilantro lemony chicken
- Chicken-250 gm
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Chopped cilantro-2 tbsp
- Crushed pepper-1/2 to 1 tbsp based on the preferred spiciness
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and chopped cilantro. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Shallow fry the chicken in medium heat while turning the chicken between intervals.
- I didn’t add turmeric powder to this recipe. Adding turmeric powder or any other spice will totally change the taste, flavor, and appearance.
- Boneless chicken is the best option to use in this recipe.
- Only Cilantro leaves were used in this recipe. Remove the stem part before adding them.
- Adjust the lemon juice based on the level of sourness you prefer.
- Overcooking may cause the dish to dry out.
Chicken recipes to try
ROASTED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN AT HOME– A roasted chicken using rotisserie attachment and uses paprika, cumin and chilli powder to flavor and enhance the taste.
SIMPLE CHICKEN CURRY WITH PANTRY INGREDIENTS– A home-style chicken curry that uses the pantry staples like Indian curry powders, ginger garlic paste. onion and tomato.
CLAYPOT CHICKEN RICE IN A PRESSURE COOKER– A claypot chicken rice recipe made in a pressure cooker to ease up the process with mushrooms.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.